Stumped for dinner? Get our life-saving Dinner Daily newsletter. You (and your stomach) can thank us later!
3 view more photos
Top Review byTeris Mom I made these as a surprise for my Dad,who is in a nursing home...we used to make them together,when I was little.He LOVED them,and wondered where I found his old recipe book ! I'll bet he won't be sharing any of these treats tonight !
See All Reviews
Make a Tweak Ask a Question
3 recipe photos
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together the sugars, molasses, shortening, butter, egg, and vanilla in a large bowl. Beat with an electric mixer until smooth.
- In another large bowl combine the flour, baking soda, ginger, salt, cinnamon, and cloves.
- Pour the dry mixture into the wet mixture and beat while adding the water. Continue to mix until ingredients are incorporated.
- Measure a heaping teaspoon of dough at time. Roll the dough into a sphere between the palms of your hands then press the dough onto the cookie. Flatten to about 1/8-inch thick.
- Bake cookies for 10 to 14 minutes or until edges begin to brown and cookies are crispy when cool.
Serving Size: 1 (965 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1Calories 345.3 Calories from Fat 63 19% Total Fat 7.1 g 10% Saturated Fat 2.2 g 11% Cholesterol 21.6 mg 7% Sodium 512.1 mg 21% Total Carbohydrate 67.3 g 22% Dietary Fiber 1.1 g 4% Sugars 41.1 g 164% Protein 3.9 g 7%
Like what you see here?
Add to collection
Whoops! There are no results for your search. Please modify your search and try again.