What you need:
- 2 cups (450 g) Redpath Golden Yellow Sugar
- 1 cup (225 g) Redpath Granulated White Sugar
- 1 cup (250 mL) milk
- 1 tbsp (14 g) butter
- 1 tsp (4 mL) vanilla
- 3/4 cup (170 g) peanuts, salted or unsalted (optional)
Fliptop Vase with Granulated Sugar
How to prepare:
Brown Sugar Fudge
1. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and set aside.
2. Stir together the sugar, milk, and butter over medium heat until it reaches a boil. Continue to cook the sugar mixture until it reaches the soft ball stage, when it reads 235°F (118°C) on a candy thermometer. You can also tell if the mixture has reached the soft ball stage if you drop a bit of the sugar mixture into cold water and it forms into a soft ball.
3. Once it has reached the soft ball stage, remove the mixture from the heat and stir in the vanilla.
4. Beat the mixture with a wooden spoon until it thickens and becomes creamy in texture, then stir in the peanuts (if using).
5. Pour the mixture into the prepared loaf pan, smoothing the top with a spatula. Let cool completely before cutting into squares. They will be a bit crumbly, so don't worry. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container for up to two weeks.